Volkswagen of America Inc. is sticking with its ambitious target of selling 800,000 VW-brand light vehicles annually in the U.S. by 2018, a goal German parent Volkswagen AG established for its North American unit two years ago, despite the worst global recession in decades. “It’s still very much on the radar,” Mark Barnes, VWA’s chief operating officer, confirms in a telephone interview with Ward’s from the company’s new U.S. headquarters in Herndon, VA. He says VWA is drawing confidence ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Sticks With Ambitious U.S. Sales Goal Despite Recession" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.