WOLFSBURG, Germany – Volkswagen AG, widely regarded as a leader in advancing diesel engines in light-vehicle applications, is pursuing two revolutionary powertrain concepts that combine the best attributes of diesel and gasoline engines. At the recent Forschungsfahrt 2007 Research Roadmap media event at the Ehra-Lessien test track near here, Germany’s No.1 auto maker offered test drives of a Golf prototype equipped with Gasoline Compression Ignition (GCI) and a Touran multipurpose vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Takes Best of Diesel, Gasoline Mills" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.