Volkswagen AG CEO Bernd Pischetsrieder says he wants to more than double VW’s North American sales in the next three to four years. Pischetsrieder is targeting for U.S. sales of 750,000 units annually medium term, up from the 356,648 vehicles VW delivered in 2001. The Volkswagen Group, which includes Audi, had sales of nearly 490,000 units in the U.S. last year. VW hopes new entries such as the Touareg SUV and an unnamed multipurpose vehicle or minivan will spur North American revenues, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Targets Big Hike in U.S. Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.