Volkswagen AG and its joint-venture partners plan to nearly double capacity in China to 1.36 million vehicles by 2007. VW is the dominant auto maker in China but in recent years has seen its market share erode in the face of intense competition. Its move to boost capacity is seen as a way to protect itself against a continuous onslaught of new competition. Analysts say that the expansion may cause the Chinese market to experience yet another price war. The increase would put VW China ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Targets Production Hike for China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.