ROCHESTER, MI – Volkswagen of America Inc. President and CEO Gerd Klauss says he will leave his post at the German auto maker Jan. 1, capping a 30-year career in the global auto industry. Named to replace Klauss is Frank Witter, who will become CEO of VWA but not assume the title of president, a spot VWA says will remain vacant for now. Witter currently is chief financial officer of VWA. Klauss began his career in the auto business at Mercedes-Benz, where he served for 14 years in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW U.S. Chief Says Auf Wiedersehen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.