SAO PAULO -- Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda.’s new intermediate car will be badged the Fox when it goes on sale in October. VW earlier had referred to the car as the Tupi. (See related story: VW Brazil Hopes to Invigorate Sales with Coming Launch of Tupi) This marks the first time VW-Brazil is using the name Fox for a car sold locally, though its Voyage model was badged the Fox when it was exported to the U.S. in the 1980s. The new Fox will bow first as a 2-door hatchback.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to Use Fox Name in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.