SAO PAULO – Workers at the Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda. factory in Sao Bernardo do Campo are conducting work stoppages in protest of employees being transferred to VW’s Autovisao do Brasil division. The new company is seeking to find jobs for more than 3,000 workers at the company’s Sao Bernardo and Taubate, Sao Paulo, plants. (See related story: Workers Protest Transfer to New VW Brazil Division) Sao Bernardo employees held a 3-hour protest Aug. 4 against the transfer of 1,923 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Workers Protest Job Transfers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.