SANTE FE, NM – After a disastrous first half, Volkswagen of America Inc. is hoping a flurry of new products, the surging popularity of diesel engines and an innovative advertising campaign for its facelifted Beetle will jump start the brand in the U.S. VWA Executive Vice President Len Hunt is aiming to reverse a string of losing months starting with August, when the target was to sell 22,725 units – one more than last year. VW's $67,000-plus Phaeton largely has been a flop. From ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VWA Chief Promises U.S. Sales Turnaround" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.