PARIS — The new co-developed sport/utility vehicle (SUV) from Volkswagen AG and Porsche AG will have a full engine lineup, including a direct-injection (DI) diesel. The VW Colorado, which will be built in Bratislava, will be equipped with DOHC V-6 and V-8 gasoline engines and a 5L V-10 DI twin-turbocharged diesel. VW may also add the new Audi V-12 engine to the lineup. Porsche's Cayenne, which will be built at a new plant in Leipzig, will be offered with a choice of V-8 and V-10 engines. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW/Porsche SUVs to offer several engines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.