GENEVA – Volkswagen AG has slated the W-16-engined Bugatti EB 16.4 Veyron for a 2003 launch. And when it hits the street, it promises to instantly be the world's fastest production car by a wide margin. Flying the banner of Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S., a Volkswagen satellite company established in 1998, the mid-engine 2-seater is credited with a top speed of 250 mph (402 km/h) and acceleration to 185 mph (298 km/h) in less than 14 seconds. The Bugatti EB 16.4 Veyron is claimed to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"W-16 Bugatti Set for 2003 Launch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.