General Motors Corp. Chief Executive G. Richard Wagoner agrees with the industry consensus that U.S. vehicle sales probably will drop 5% from this year's record high. But if things suddenly should go south in a hurry, he says GM has a cash cushion of $13 billion to $13.5 billion to hold it over. “I think our financial situation is pretty robust,” he says in a recent interview with Ward's Automotive Reports, although he acknowledges GM's earnings need to be better. Even so, “the latest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Wagoner: GM Can Handle a Downturn" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.