It was a time warp, or maybe the product of an unusually high fever I ran recently. Whatever the case, I found my final editorial for Ward’s AutoWorld already written the other day, dated Nov. 15, 2042. It appears to be a disgusted farewell to the industry I ended up covering for more than 60 years. Here it is: Now that I have reached age 87 and am old enough to collect social security benefits, I’ve decided to fully retire from reporting on the automotive industry. David C. Smith, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Waiting to Exhale" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.