A former Adam Opel AG staffer recalls the folks at that General Motors Corp.-owned European unit taking notice in 1995 when Dieter Zetsche was put in charge of sales and marketing as a newly named member of the Mercedes-Benz board of management. It was a big leap, because Zetsche’s career at former Daimler-Benz AG had been mostly in engineering since he joined the German auto maker’s research division in 1972. The Zetsche board appointment’s wide shift to sales and marketing didn’t go ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"On the Watch at Chrysler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.