When DaimlerChrysler AG hired Webasto Roof Systems Inc. to design and build the modular glass top for the new Mercedes C-Class sports coupe, the auto maker estimated that 30% of buyers would opt for this more expensive “panorama” lid. The sports coupe was on U.S. roads for less than eight months when it became obvious that the folks in Stuttgart greatly underestimated demand for the innovative sliding sunroof. Even in the closed position, the smoked, tempered-glass roof affords backseat ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Webasto Uses Sunroofs to Push Modules" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.