Freightliner Corp.’s Western Star Trucks Inc. unit began production Oct. 22 at the Portland Truck Mfg. Plant in Portland, OR. Truck production and other Western Star operations had been based in Kelowna, B.C., Canada. In October 2001, Western Star announced it was moving production to the 33-year-old Portland facility. It has invested $16 million to prepare the Portland plant for production of its heavy-duty trucks. The Western Star chassis assembly is housed in a new 15,000 sq.-ft. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Western Star Begins Production at Portland Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.