LONDON – In the words of a Western banker in Moscow, "suddenly everyone wants to get in on the act with Russian tires." Forecasts call for the three major foreign tire manufacturers in Russia – Nokian Tyres plc, Continental AG and Michelin Group – to produce nearly 6 million tires annually by 2006. Russian buyers demanding better-quality tires. Although that’s not much compared with total Russian production of 38 million tires in 2003, some highly significant factors remain at work. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Western Tire Makers Moving in on Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.