DEARBORN, MI – No one at Toyota Motor Corp.’s luxury division is saying the Lexus IS has been a failure since the sports sedan’s 2000 debut in the near-luxury segment. After all, it has attracted a lot of affluent young consumers to Lexus. The 29-year-old median age of IS buyers has been the lowest of all luxury makes, says Deborah Meyer, Lexus vice president-marketing. 2006 Lexus IS It has lured many first-time Lexus owners. Nearly 90% of IS owners are new to the brand. And the IS ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"What Makes a Lexus a Lexus?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.