Alternative Fuels Technologies Corp. (AFTCO) designs and manufactures the first purpose-built wheelchair-accessible taxi-for-hire vehicle based on the Chevrolet S-10, and powered by a 4.3L engine and/or an optional hybrid-electric powertrain, with a 75 kw output. This taxi, known as the METROKING, has successfully completed its test cycle and the company is currently ramping up production to 10 units per day, and taking orders from fleet owners and individuals.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Wheelchair accessible taxi" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.