VIENNA – German coach builder and convertible specialist Wilhelm Karmann GmbH selects the small town of Zary, Poland, as the location of its new roof-assembly plant. Zary is located in southwestern Poland, about 19 miles (30 km) from the German border. Karmann has purchased a 17-acre (7-ha) site in Zary's industrial zone for approximately 720,000 zloty ($236,000). The company initially will invest €10 million ($12.8 million) and employ 100 workers at the plant. Pilot assembly is due ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Wilhelm Karmann Picks Poland For Roof-Assembly Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.