Microsoft says its Windows CE for Automotive technology is featured in the computing and communications systems of 12 car models from five auto manufacturers worldwide. It is gaining a foothold. Acunia, long a strong proponent of "open architecture" in telematics, is porting the Windows CE.net operating system on its Intel Xscale-based XINGU embedded processing platform. "Operating systems today have their specific needs as determined by processing solutions," says Bart Plackle, business ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Windows CE Gaining Ground" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.