Mercury Villager’s replacement will be built on the Ford Windstar platform, Ward’s has learned. "It’s going to be a minivan," says a Ford Motor Co. source, responding to speculation that Villager’s replacement will be a sport/utility or cross/utility vehicle. Another source close to the program says the new vehicle will feature third-row, fold-flat seating — a trademark of ’02 Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer and a feature expected to debut on ’03 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator). ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Windstar to Have Mercury Twin" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.