Ford Motor Co. loses about 5,700 units of '01 Windstar minivan production and recalls 22,081 vehicles including Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car because of a software glitch in the computer module that controls the passive restraint system (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Sept. 11, '00, p.1). It causes airbags to deploy on their own and seatbelts to tighten suddenly. The system was successfully introduced on the '00 Taurus/Sable and continues to operate without incident on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Windstar Output Resumes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.