DETROIT – Steep declines in its minivan and small pickup sales have Ford Motor Co. executives scratching their heads. Windstar sales fell to 13,843 units last month, compared with 21,136 during March 2001 – a 32% drop. Ranger totals were 21,364 for March compared with 31,324 in the like month last year – a 29.2% decrease. Ford Windstar "Up to now, sales of these models were tracking pretty close to industry declines in these segments," says a Ford spokesman. "So I’m not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Windstar, Ranger Sales Confound Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.