Volkswagen AG Chairman Martin Winterkorn will assume responsibility for the auto maker’s core brand next month, after brand group Chairman Wolfgang Bernhard leaves the company. The reason behind Bernhard’s departure, scheduled for Jan. 31, is described as a “mutual agreement” and stems from a planned reorganization within the Volkswagen Group, the auto maker says in a statement. Feb. 1 would have marked Bernhard’s second anniversary as a management board member. Highly regarded as an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Winterkorn to Fill Void as Bernhard Exits VW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.