KARIYA, Japan â€“ Bring together five auto industry executives to play the game of Twenty Questions and odds are they wonâ€™t know the name of the largest producer of hybrid-electric vehicles. Toyota Motor Corp., easily the leader in the HEV market and the obvious answer, would be wrong. The correct response to the trick question? Toyota Auto Body Co. Ltd. The subsidiary of the giant auto maker boosted its share of Prius production this year to an estimated 65% â€“ or about 42,000 units out ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Worldâ€™s Biggest Hybrid Vehicle Producer Not Who You Think" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.