Jaguar X-Type turns in the poorest performance in low-speed bumper tests conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). It sustains $6,770 damage in a series of 5-mph (8 km/h) impacts. The X-Type is among five ’02-model cars to receive a rating of "poor." The others are Volvo S60, Lexus IS 300, Saab 9-5 and Hyundai XG350. The Toyota Camry and Lexus ES 300 get "acceptable" ratings, sustaining damage totals of $2,109 and $1,833, respectively.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"X-Type Bumpers a Bust, IIHS Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.