BMW Mfg. Corp. launches output of the revamped ’04 X5 SUV at its assembly plant in Spartanburg, SC. BMW says it made the switch to the ’04 version seamlessly, with only a 10-car gap in the assembly line between the last of the ’03 X5s and the first of the new models. The ’04 X5 features more than 2,100 new parts, and offers a choice of three engines: a 225-hp 3L gasoline 6-cyl., a 215-hp 6-cyl. diesel and 4.4L 315-hp 8-cyl. The gasoline engines are mated to a new 6-speed automatic ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"X5 Output Launched" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.