SPARTANBURG, SC – “Go ahead, do something dumb,” the instructor encourages over the walkie-talkie bouncing in the map pocket of the new ’04 BMW X5 cross/utility I’m driving. I happily comply, jamming on the gas and making a sharp turn around an orange cone going way too fast. The tires howl, the body leans – a little – and suddenly I’m back on track, ready to make my next stupid move. I nail the accelerator harder this time, charge into an even tighter turn on BMW AG’s South Carolina ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"xDrive AWD Shines in BMW X5" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.