XM Satellite Radio says it will begin broadcasting as early as May of next year, possibly paving the way for a revolution in radio not seen in the U.S. since FM's debut more than 50 years ago. General Motors Corp., which invested $250 million in XM and has signed a long-term agreement to install XM-ready radios in its cars, and Honda of America Mfg. Corp. will be offering XM in some yet-to-be-named '01 models. Major electronics manufacturers and retailers have signed up to produce and sell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"XM Set to Begin Broadcasting" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.