The room was packed, but you still could hear a pin drop. And although hardly the stuff of a fire-and-brimstone sermon from a revivalist minister, the couple hundred who turned out at a recent Society of Automotive Analyst luncheon to hear what Jerry York had to say about General Motors seemed to hang on every word just the same. York currently serves as advisor to billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian, who now holds a 7.8% stake in GM and is pressing for more aggressive management action ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"York‚Äôs Right About One Thing, But Maybe Not Brand Strategy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.