DEARBORN, MI – Jim Farley, a metro Detroit native and grandson of a Lincoln Mercury dealer in Grosse Pointe, MI, remembers calling home after completing his MBA from UCLA in 1990 and telling his family he landed a job at Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. “There was a long pause on the other end of the line,” he says. Jim Farley Today, Farley, 44, is vice president of Scion, Toyota’s year-old, 3-car offshoot brand aimed at the coveted youth market. He was back home in metro Detroit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Young Car Buyers Want It Fast, Painless at Dealership" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.