RAYONG, Thailand — General Motors Corp.'s Zafira multi-purpose vehicles (MPVs) finally are rolling off the production line at a new plant here, 16 months later than originally planned due to Asia's financial crisis sparked in Thailand in July 1997. GM President G. Richard Wagoner Jr. drove the first Zafira off the line May 8 to mark the official start of production at the Thailand baht 25 billion (US$640 million) plant. The vehicle then was delivered by truck to the newly opened ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Zafiras start rolling in Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.