Several attempts, including the plan of Malcolm Bricklin and the U.S.-based company Nucarco to take over Zastava, have failed. Bricklin was responsible for importing the Yugo, a cheap hatchback sedan, into the U.S. from communist-led Yugoslavia beginning in the mid-1980s. The quality of the cars was notoriously poor and Yugo America, a New Jersey-based import company, folded four years after Bricklin sold his stake in 1988. The Kragujevac-based plant produces the Zastava Florida. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Zastava Sees Production Increase, But No Partner in Sight" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.