DETROIT – DaimlerChrysler AG Chairman Dieter Zetsche says he is satisfied with Tom LaSorda’s leadership of Chrysler Group in the face of increasing competition in the North American marketplace. Chrysler has suffered from falling fortunes at General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. because many customers don’t differentiate between American brands, Zetsche says at a press conference to announce Smart vehicles will be sold in the U.S. beginning in 2008. Chrysler products also suffer from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Zetsche Happy With Chrysler, Mercedes, Not EADS" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.