Nearly a decade after beginning production of 5-speed automatic transmissions, German supplier ZF Friedrichshafen AG breaks ground at this year's Frankfurt auto show by displaying the first 6-speed gearbox. ZF expects the 6HP 26 to replace today's enormously popular 5-speed automatic transmission. It will be manufactured at ZF Getriebe GmbH, and the company says it is intended for “standard driven” vehicles and up to 442 ft.-lbs. of torque. ZF plans to offer other 6-speeds that could be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ZF Unveils 6-Speed Automatic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.