ZF Friedrichshafen AG of Germany enters the fray of ever-more complex automatic transmission layouts with the unveiling of its all-new rear-wheel-drive 8-speed gearbox at the recent International Vienna Motor Symposium. Designed to improve fuel economy without sacrificing performance, the company says, the new transmission is the industry’s second to feature eight forward gears. Japan’s Aisin Group developed the first, featured in Toyota Motor Corp.’s all-new Lexus LS 460 luxury sedan. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ZF Unwraps 8-Speed Automatic Transmission" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.