Metallic Power's zinc-air fuel cell could replace lead-acid batteries when higher specific energy, greater energy density or very rapid recharge is needed. Offering zero emissions and virtually silent operation, the Carlsbad, CA-based company says it could even replace the internal combustion engine. The system has two principle components — the zinc-air fuel cell and zinc refueling/recycling unit. A zinc-air fuel cell uses the same electrochemical process as zinc-air batteries. However, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Zinc-air fuel cell promises rapid recharging" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.