Oldsmobile's sales will be about 15% lower in 2000, dropping to “the lower 300,000s,” General Manager Karen Francis tells Ward's in an interview. Olds' sales this year are running at a 350,000 unit annual rate, with every model except the new-for '99 Alero and Silhouette trailing 1998 levels. Moreover, Olds recently discontinued the Cutlass and 88 models, which together contributed 55,010 sales through October. Olds hopes to recapture some lost ground, however, when the all-new '01 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"'01 Aurora Won't Offset Olds' Shortfall in 2000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642