General Motors Corp. continues the 58-year evolution of its small-block V-8 with the fitment of a new 6.2L mill in the β08 Chevrolet Corvette. Called the LS3 and packing 430 hp in standard trim, the new all-aluminum OHV V-8 will be the iconic sports carβs base powerplant when the β08 models begin arriving later this year. The new engine is a culmination, of sorts, of the best features developed for the current Cadillac Escalade/GMC Yukon Denali 6.2L L92 mill and the Corvette ZO6βs ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"β08 Corvette Boasts New Engine, More Power" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642