ASHEVILLE, NC ‚Äď When it came time to craft the new ‚Äô10 Ford Taurus flagship sedan, Ford Motor Co. designers realized the U.S. sedan segment has changed over the years, and the vehicle no longer is considered a family car, the auto maker‚Äôs North American design chief says. In today‚Äôs market, ‚Äúminivans and crossovers‚ÄĚ are the new family vehicle of choice, says Moray Callum, executive eirector-Ford Americas design. ‚ÄúWe needed to make some dramatic aesthetic and functional changes to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"‚Äô10 Ford Taurus New Take on Sedan Segment, Design Chief Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642