Mercedes-Benz 3.2L SOHC V-6 What's not to like here? Although Mercedes' first-ever V-6 offers its utmost of 215 hp at a relatively high 5,500 rpm, this engine's urging 233 lb.-ft. (316 Nm) dollop of torque peaks at 3,000 rpm, making it a surprisingly energetic motivator for the ML320 sport/utility vehicle (SUV). The ML spins the scale's needle to the 4,387-lb. (1,990-kg) mark, and several office doubting-Thomas types figured Mercedes' 3-valve V-6, efficient though it is, would be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"1999 Ten Best Engines: Update & Wrapup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642