Another strong sales year of nearly 17 million new vehicles made dealers profitable and satisfied in 2002. In dealer satisfaction surveys, auto retailers gave high marks to their respective manufacturers. Various factors account for that, but none more than a profitable sales year. Hefty incentive programs, such as 0% financing, may have put a strain on manufacturer profitability. But it helped move the metal and make 2002 a very good year for dealers. (See related story: Revenue for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"2002: Dealers Enjoy Very Good Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642