Antilock brake system penetration is off to a slow start in the '00 model year car production run, but side air bags are among the fastest growing features, a survey of factory installed equipment penetration by Ward's reveals. ABS was installed in an estimated 57.9% of the 3,693,567 '00 model cars built through March in the U.S., Canada and Mexico for the U.S. market, down from a 63.7% penetration for all of '99 (see insert for complete data). The biggest falloff came at DaimlerChrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ABS Slips, Side Air Bags Gain in '00 Model Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642