DETROIT -- The upscale Acura division of Honda Motor Co. Ltd. rolled to its best-ever sales year in 2001, says Tom Elliott, executive vice president of American Honda Motor Co. Inc., at the North American International Auto Show. Elliott says Acura sold 170,469 vehicles last year, a record tally for the division that he says Acura, once a floundering operation, has achieved “the old-fashioned way: with products people wanted to buy.” Elliott adds that Acura has recorded month-on-month ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Acura Storms to New Sales Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642