It’s difficult to imagine a motoring world without Lexus. But when Toyota Motor Corp. launched its premium brand in the U.S. on Sept. 1, 1989, most industry watchers were skeptical Lexus could compete with the Germans, the uncrowned kings of luxury, or the sales-leading Americans. “I remember reading comments made by the likes of Eberhard von Kuenheim (managing director) from BMW (AG) back then,” says Joe Phillippi, president-AutoTrends Consulting in Short Hills, NJ. “He regarded ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"After 20 Years, Lexus Still Redefining Luxury" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642