The different computer-generated product data systems used by auto makers and suppliers waste $1.4 billion annually in North America and $20 billion globally, says the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG). AIAG, a non-profit automotive trade organization based in Southfield, MI, ran a pilot program earlier this month using new technology that allows OEMs and suppliers to transmit previously incompatible meta-data between other OEMs or other suppliers. Meta-data is any data used to aid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AIAG Offers Solution for OEM/Supplier Compatibility Problems" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642