Airbags on Ford Motor Co.’s ’02 Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer SUVs and BMW AG’s 3-Series are the focus of an investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. NHTSA says it is investigating 222,584 ’02 Explorers and Mountaineers built before Sept. 4, 2001, because improperly installed wiring in the steering wheel and shaft may prevent the bags from deploying. NHTSA says Ford has received 486 warranty claims in relation to the problem, but there are no reports of accidents or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Airbags Focus of NHTSA Investigations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642