Robert Bosch GmbH has a tentative deal to sell its North American foundation-brake business to Japan’s Akebono Brake Corp. by the end of the year for $10 million, although two manufacturing facilities will transfer immediately to Akebono. One of the world’s largest brake-system producers, Bosch has been losing money for years on foundation components such as calipers, rotors and drum brakes. But Bosch’s top automotive executive, Bernd Bohr, told Ward’s in June the supplier would not exit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Akebono Lands Bosch North American Brake Business" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642