ArvinMeritor stole the headlines in early July with its hostile takeover bid for Dana Corp., but a day before that announcement, Canada-based Alcan Inc., the world’s second-biggest publicly traded aluminum producer, launched a hostile takeover attempt of Pechiney SA, a major European aluminum producer headquartered in France. Alcan is offering €3.4 billion ($3.85 billion) in cash and stock for Pichiney, which analysts say may be too low. If the takeover is successful, Alcan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Alcan Makes Hostile Bid for Pechiney" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642