CARLSBAD, California — Toyota Motor Corp. is lavishing loving attention on its second-generation '00 mid-luxury full-size Avalon sedan — already so roomy and sedate that it was referred to by industry wags as ‘Toyota's Buick’ when it was introduced five years ago. Toyota takes the comparison as a compliment. “The new Avalon is a true American car,” says Steve Sturm, vice president of marketing for Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A (TMS) Inc. “It was the first Toyota vehicle to be built ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"All-new Avalon reinvents mid-luxury refinement" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642